These verses have been working on me the past few weeks... The Message version states them as this: "Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand." I appreciate it's forwardness. It's so easy for me to get lost in my day to day, my budget plan, my work to-do's, my blog to-do's, my dinner plans, my workout attempts. I forget that it's the time I spend helping others realize their passions that I feel God's joy and peace so immensely. So here's to refocusing, and sharing my time and my gifts more authentically. Join me?
+ some links for your weekend:
- Finding cool-looking office supplies for a guy is hard. Chris's study area is in our bedroom, and since his papers have started overflowing, I'm getting creative about storage. These wall baskets are going to be a life-saver... and look good doing it!
- Jessica Welshans Photography has been hosting an awesome giveaway this week. Today and tomorrow are the last days to enter! Go check out her page for details.
- Love this classic and sweet Blackberry Farms wedding.
- BlueEyeBrownEye is launching online classes! A round of applause!!!
- I'm learning to embrace "less is more" - a few key pieces and your home can easily look complete. This room is especially lovely.