I really love reading - especially before bed, as a way to slow my brain down and reduce any kind of "up in the middle of the night" anxieties. I've had an issue the past few months carving out the time to read, and end up falling asleep on the couch at 9:30. Next to Chris. Sorry, honey!
I've seen a few people posting about challenging themselves to read 12 books in 12 months, and I think that's just the kind of motivation I need. I just finished reading Jennie Allen's Restless through twice - a quick read, and so good (I'm really looking forward to our book club on June 7)! Chris is working Monday through Friday in Fort Worth for the next six weeks, so I think this is the perfect time to jump back on my reading wagon. I've been slowly adding recommended reads to my "bookcase" pin board for a few months now... so here we go!
- Recovering Redemption, Matt Chandler
- The Goldfinch, Donna Tartt (already on my Kindle... bought it last fall. oops!)
- Chasing God, Angie Smith
- The Art of Possibility, Rosamund Stone Zander
- The Luminaries, Eleanor Catton
- Seven, Jen Hatmaker
- Freefall to Fly, Rebekah Lyons
- Storyteller: The Authorized Biography of Roald Dahl, Donald Sturrock
- Notes from a Blue Bike, Tsh Oxenreider
- The Meaning of Marriage, Tim Keller
- Central Park: An Anthology, Andrew Blauner
- The Invention of Wings, Sue Monk Kidd
Thoughts? Any books I should add to my "bookcase" board?
Image via That's Pretty Ace